OFFICIAL RULES ("Rules")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
DISNEY FANS under the age of MAJORITY must have permission from their parent or legal guardian ("PARENT") in order to enter or to win.
MANY WILL PLAY. FEW WILL WIN.
Disney Fans (referred hereafter as "Entrants" or "Entrant" or "you") may play the Game (defined below in Section 4) on the DisneyNOW App on mobile, tablet or on DisneyNOW.com. QUIZney Contest ("Contest") is an interactive trivia game featuring content relevant to the Disney Channel and Disney Junior audience.
1. SPONSOR: ABC Cable Networks Group, dba DisneyNOW ("Sponsor"), 3800 W. Alameda Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505.
2. ADMINISTRATOR ("Administrator"): Ventura Associates International LLC, 494 Eighth Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10001, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to this Contest.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for this Contest, at the time of entering you must: [a] have downloaded the DisneyNOW application ("App") using a supported mobile device or visit disneynow.com; [b] be six (6) years of age or older, as of date of entry; [c] be a legal resident of, and physically residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; and [d] not be an employee of the Sponsor, Administrator; their parent, divisions, affiliates, subsidiary company or their advertising, promotion or fulfillment agencies involved in this Contest (collectively, "Releasees"), nor a household member or immediate family member of such an employee.
Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations.
"Household member" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. "Immediate family member" shall mean parents, step-parents, grandparents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live.
For purposes of these Rules, all times and days are Pacific Daylight Time ("PDT"). Sponsor's computer server is the official time keeping device for this Contest; and the awarding of any Prize (as defined below) is subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth herein. It is free to use the App or access disneynow.com ("Website"). You do not need to login to your TV provider to access the App or Website. Charges imposed by your wireless or internet service providers will apply. Sponsor is not responsible for the speed of your wireless or internet service or the capability and compatibility of your device used to enter the Contest. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor if you, as an Entrant (as defined in section 6 below), change your email address.
Instructions on how to register and participate in the Contest are described below. Registering and participating in the Contest are both free of charge.
4. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF CONTEST/HOW TO PLAY:
You may enter this Contest during the daily airing of the QUIZney Trivia Game Show (each daily Trivia Game Show is referred herein as "Game") during a twelve-week period which starts on April 29, 2019 and runs each weekday until July 19, 2019 from 4:00pm (PDT) until approximately 4:10pm (PDT) ("Entry Period"). Follow the steps to enter, including the following: (1) download the App prior to the Contest or a Game (on iOS, Android and Kindle devices. iOS mobile devices may not be fully compatible with the App, but you can play the Game at disneynow.com. After you have downloaded the App, follow instructions on the App to go to QUIZney game on the App homepage), or visit disneynow.com and click on the QUIZney game. A list of supported devices can be found at https://disneynow.com/help; (2) wait for the Game to begin; (3) wait for a trivia question to appear in the App or on the Website and answer the question within the App or on the Website. Points are awarded based on speed on which you submit an answer to each question and accuracy of each of your answer. The last question in each Game is worth triple the points. To score points, you must answer each question correctly within the time allocated on the screen for each question. After you answer the question, you cannot change it and your answer is locked. Entrant's total points for each Game is referred to herein as "Entry", and (4) after you have answered a question, the correct answer will appear a few seconds after the allocated time for each question has ended. . The scores from each Game will not carry forward to the next Game. There will be no more than ten (10) questions in each Game. At the end of the Game, if an Entrant is one of the top ten (10) high scorers, s/he will receive a one-time message with a unique code from the App or on the Website. The message will direct the Entrant to a webpage to claim his/her prize. You can only win once a day. There is a limit of up to five (5) $100 Prize claims per email address, regardless of how many winning messages s/he receives during the Contest Entry Period. The prize claim webpage will ask for the unique code, Entrant's first name, username and email address in order for the winners to formally claim a Prize (see Section 5 for Prize details). Once the unique code has been submitted on the webpage it cannot be submitted again. See Section 6 for more details. In the event of any disagreement, ambiguity or discrepancy that may arise during the Game (including but not limited to scores), Sponsor's decision is final and binding.
By participating in this Contest, you agree and understand that this Game accepts any username Entrants prefer to use, This means many Entrants may use the same username. If you have an existing App or Website account prior to the Contest and you did not set up a username to play the Game, your account name will be assigned a common username at Sponsor's sole discretion. Usernames are not unique in this Contest. A username identical to your username that appears in the top ten (10) leaderboard may refer to a different Entrant. Only the top ten (10) Entrants for each Game will receive a one-time winning message that includes a code to claim the prize.
In addition, the Sponsor reserves the rights to temporary replace a username for publication purposes should the winning username not be suitable to be published.
An Entrant can enter as many Entries as s/he wants throughout the Contest, however, there is a limit of one (1) $100 Prize claim per person per day and up to a total of five (5) $100 Prize claims per person for the entire Entry Period, regardless of whether an Entrant has more than one (1) email address or more than one Entrant uses the same email address. If you attempt or are suspected of attempting (in the sole discretion of Sponsor or Administrator) to circumvent this limitation by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email addresses, you may be disqualified from the Contest.
No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest nor will it increase your chances of winning. Prize (as defined below) will be awarded solely to the winning Entrant(s).
TIED ENTRIES: In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken on the basis of the score for the first question and, if there is still a tie, the tie will be broken on the basis of the score for the second question, and if there is still a tie, the tie will be broken on the basis of the score of the third question, and this shall continue to the score of the fourth question until there is a differential and a winner among the tied winning Entries for each Game is determined at Administrator's sole discretion. The decision of the Administrator shall be final and binding.
5. PRIZES ("PRIZE")/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"):
i) $100 Prizes: Six hundred (600) Prizes worth $100 each will be awarded. Ten (10) winners will be determined per Game. Each Prize winner ("Winner") will receive an electronic gift card worth $100 sent to the email address Winner supplied in the prize claim webpage.
ii) Advertiser Supplied Prizes: In addition, from time to time, Sponsor may offer bonus Advertiser Supplied Prizes that are supplied by companies who advertise on Sponsor's properties ("Advertiser Supplied Prize"). It is optional to claim the Advertiser Supplied Prize. The Advertiser Supplied Prize consists of merchandise and will be awarded to the top ten (10) Winners (subject to verification) of select Game(s) at Sponsor's sole discretion. The Advertiser Supplied Prize will be awarded to Winner's Parent if Winner is under the age of 18 years old. Instructions to claim the Advertiser Supplied Prize will be provided via email. Parent and Winners who are ages 18 or older must follow the instructions provided via email including providing his/her date of birth, first and last name, and mailing address. If the Parent claims the Advertiser Supplied Prize totaling $600 or more, Parent must complete and return a completed affidavit including providing his/her Social Security Number to the Administrator as a condition of receiving the Advertiser Supplied Prize. An IRS 1099 form will be filed in the name of the Parent for the total value of Advertiser Supplied Prize awarded. Winners who are not Minors (see Minor definition in section 6 below) must complete and return a completed affidavit in addition to providing his/her Social Security Number to the Administrator as a condition of receiving the Advertiser Supplied Prize if the total Prize claim (i.e., $100 electronic gift card Prize and the Advertiser Supplied Prize) is worth $600 or more. Disqualification from winning or receiving the Advertiser Supplied Prize may result from any of the following: a) Winners who have claimed five (5) $100 Prizes prior to winning the Advertiser Supplied Prize; b) Email notification to Parent or Winner is returned undeliverable; c) Advertiser Supplied Prize is not claimed by the deadline provided on notification; c) Parent or Winner fails to provide the required information including the eligible date of birth; d) completed affidavit is not returned within the date specified on the notification; e) Parent or Winner is found to be ineligible; and f) Parent or Winner cannot accept/receive the Advertiser Supplied Prize for any reason. Disqualified Advertiser Supplied Prizes will not be awarded. All Advertiser Supplied Prizes will be awarded after the Contest Entry Period.
Usage of the electronic gift card is subject to the merchant's gift card terms and conditions. Selection of the type of electronic gift card will be at Sponsor's sole discretion. All Winners acknowledge that the Sponsor and its agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for, any warranty or representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any merchandise prize. All Advertiser Supplied Prizes shall be subject to the manufacturer's standard warranty to the extent offered. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any delays or any act or omissions whatsoever by the shipping company or any of the prize fulfillment services.
Limit of one (1) $100 Prize per Winner per day and up to five (5) $100 Prizes in total for the entire Entry Period. You will not be eligible to claim any additional Prize (i.e., $100 Prize or the Advertiser Supplied Prize) after you have claimed five (5) $100 Prizes. Total ARV of all Prizes: minimum $60,000 will be awarded and up to a maximum of $75,000 if Advertiser Supplied Prizes are offered.
Prizes are not transferable or refundable, and must be accepted as awarded. No substitution allowed. Prizes not claimed by 4:00pm PDT on the next calendar day from notification/message date will be considered unclaimed. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. Prizes are subject to verification of eligibility, execution of prize claim forms and compliance with these Rules and the TOU. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each Winner (or Winner's Parent if winner is a Minor).
6. $100 PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION/PRIZE CLAIM PROCESS: All legal responsibilities of a minor Entrant ("Minor"), as defined by your state of primary residence, under the Rules will be assumed by a Parent for the benefit of the Minor. Potential Winners will be asked to complete and submit a prize claim form by 4:00pm PDT the next calendar day from the date on which s/he won a Prize. Your email address will not be used for marketing purposes. Prize will be sent via email to the email address provided on the prize claim form within 2 weeks after date of verification. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification may result from any of the following, without limitation: [a] a potential Winner's failure to claim the Prize by 4:00pm PDT the next calendar day from the date on which Winner won a Prize; [b] the return of an email notification as undeliverable; [c] the potential Winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency and clearances, if requested; [d] any other non-compliance with these Rules or TOU. In the event of a disqualification or Prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select or not select an alternate Winner and award or not award the forfeited Prize. If through programming errors, or any other error, more Prizes are claimed than the number of Prizes intended to be awarded as set forth in these Rules, no more than the actual number of Prizes per these Rules will be awarded. Should such an event occur, Winners will be determined based on scores mentioned in the TIED ENTRIES section above until all Winners per Game are determined. In the event of further ties, the Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible winning Prize claims during a given Game where the programming error occurs.
9. WINNERS AND/OR RULES: For a copy of the Rules and/or the names of the Winners, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: QUIZney 3 Contest Winner/Rules Requests, c/o Ventura Associates, Dept. HD, 494 Eighth Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10001, designating either Winners list or Rules. Requests must be received no later than August 2, 2019.
All trademarks are the property of the trademark owner.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple®. Each Entrant participating in this Promotion is providing information to Sponsor and not to Apple. Apple is a registered trademark.